The Taft Independent School District (ISD) Board of Trustees has employed Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Executive Search Services to assist with the search for a new Superintendent. The Board has requested that school personnel and the public be involved in developing a profile of the leadership qualities desired of the person the Board should seek to become the new superintendent.
Click the title to access the Leadership Profile Questionnaire
We will be reviewing the District 2019-2020 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) and receive Public Input from all Stakeholders.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation we are remotely hosting our Public Hearing prior to the School Board Meeting on January 26, 2021.
More information can be found clicking the title above.
A notice is herby given that applications for a place on the Taft ISD election ballot may br filed during the following time: January 13, 2021 - February 12, 2021. Office hours are from 0800 to 1630 hours. Click on title to view more.
The origin of Taft goes back to the formation of the Coleman-Fulton Pasture Company in 1880 later known as the Taft Ranch. In 1900, a transition from ranching to farming began. In 1904, the Taft Ranch put 200 acres into cultivated cotton acreage. By 1909, there were 2,300 acres in cultivation. In 1903, the Company established a store at Mesquital, a railroad spur serving a series of loading pens, and in 1904, a town was formed at this site between Gregory and Sinton, and it was renamed Taft.
In 1909, Taft began to experience the initial stages of development. The first school was sectioned off in an old warehouse in 1904. The first industry in Taft was a cotton gin. The railroad located a passenger depot in Taft in 1908. In 1909, an assembly hall was completed, and President William Howard Taft paid his famous visit. In August 1921, the Taft Independent School District was formed. In 1921, the Taft Tribune began publication, and in 1923, the First State Bank and the First National Bank were organized. Taft was incorporated as a municipality in 1929.